According to the Journal of the American Medical Association, carbon monoxide poisoning is the leading cause of accidental poisoning deaths in the U.S. The Center for Disease Control reports carbon monoxide poisoning sends about 15,000 people to the emergency room and kills 480 people each year. This is a type of gas exposure that should not be taken lightly.

So what is carbon monoxide anyway? Carbon monoxide is an odorless, colorless, and tasteless gas that is cause by unburned fuel such as wood, coal, propane, natural gas, gasoline, and heating oil. Basically anyone is in some way in danger of carbon monoxide poisoning.

But fear not, carbon monoxide detectors will warn you of a threat way before it becomes dangerous. SDS Electric electricians will be happy to keep your family safe by installing both battery powered carbon monoxide detectors and hard wired ones. If you don’t have a carbon monoxide detector at house, contact us today for a free estimate!

If you would like to learn more about carbon monoxide, read this article from the United States Consumer Product Safety Commission.